“SeekhoaurKamao (Learn & Earn)” is a scheme implemented since 2013-14 for skill development of minorities. The scheme aims at upgrading the skills of minority youth in various modern/traditional skills depending upon their qualification, present economic trends and market potential, which can earn them suitable employment or make them suitably skilled to go for self-employment.
The scheme will be implemented for the benefit of the five notified minority communities under National Commission for Minorities Act 1992 (viz. Muslims, Christians, Sikhs, Buddhists and Parsis).
- To bring down unemployment rate of minorities during 12th Plan period.
- To conserve and update traditional skills of minorities and establish their linkages with market.
- To improve employability of existing workers, school dropouts etc. and ensure their placement.
- To generate means of better livelihood for marginalized minorities and bring them in the mainstream.
- To enable minorities to avail opportunities in the growing market.
- To develop potential human resource for the country.